Podcatch your podcasts using bookmarks in your browser
Forget about iTunes. Say goodbye to PodcastAlley. Flush all those podcatchers down the virtual tube.
Kay Stoner over at Podtopia.net has developed a cool tool. You enter the feed of your favourite podcast into text box and it creates a webpage that you can just bookmark.
How is this different from regular podcatchers?
- There's no fussy software to download.
- There's no bulky software to launch.
- You don't have to go to a website to search for your favourite podcasts over and over again. You just launch your browser, open your bookmarks and there they are.
- There's no need to login to a podcatcher to access the podcasts you like. Instead, just launch your browser.
What are the drawbacks?
- You'd have to grab the RSS feed from somewhere to paste into this tool. It's hard enough remember where I put my cellphone, much less a long, complicated RSS feed.
- Can't think of any others. Can you?
Besides my nattering negativity, this tool is neat, eh? Give 'er a whirl. Not Kay, I mean the Podtopia tool.