Monday, July 31, 2006

Sorry, but TWIT isn't Canadian

(**sigh**) I found out by way of these comments posted by Brian of commandN that Canada's favourite podcast isn't Canadian afterall.

Although This Week In Tech (TWIT) has some connection to Canada, it's fully produced on American soil. By way of my colleague Dave, Amber (who hosts a podcast in the TWIT family called Inside the Net) confirmed that it is indeed American.

Woe is me, I made a mistake. I mean, something so well produced has to be Canadian, right?

Not in this case.

So, as quickly as you could say Web 2.0, the PDF was updated and a note was added to the download site explaining the change.

Slap me on the wrist. Roast me over coals. To all my fellow Canucks, TWIT is indeed American.

Lesson learned?

  1. Just because it projects like a Canuck, sounds like a Canuck and smells like a Canuck, it ain't necessarily one.
Note to self - Don't write and watch the dishy Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Caribbean at the same time. There's way too much distraction.

Technorati Tags: