Do Your Podcast Now Day, Aug 18th
I got this idea from Andy Wibbels. He held a Shut Up & Write day, so I'm going to do a Do Your Podcast Now day. I was going to call it Shut Up & Podcast, but that's a misnomer. How can one shut up and podcast when you need your voice to podcast?
So, Do Your Podcast Now day is aimed at helping you stop talking about what you're going to do and instead, just get it done. We'll all be accountable to each other, so that should help you achieve miniature tasks.
On August 18th, here's what we'll do:
- Call the conference bridge number on August 18th @ 10am ET
- I'll introduce you to the call.
- In 15-seconds, introduce who you are, the project you'll be working and what you'll have completed by the next hour.
- Hang up and get it done.
- Call the same conference bridge number at the top of every hour and report on your progress.
- Repeat 1 to 5 above until 5pm ET.
This isn't a session where you call to pick my brain about podcasting tips and tricks. I have many paid services for that. This isn't a call where you come to sell your wares. Go to The Shopping Channel or QVC for that.
Instead, use this day to complete something regarding podcasting that you've been aiming to finish, but just haven't gotten about to doing it.
Here are a few ideas:
- You can work on a plan for your podcast.
- You can subscribe & listen to a few.
- You can plan future episodes.
- You can start recording segments for your podcast.
- You can work on an outline for your podcasting book.
- You can start researching for podcasting information.
- Or, whatever it is you've been saying that you want to do, but you keep putting it off.
Will you join me?
Technorati Tags: podcasting