Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Plantronics Headset Just Clunked Out

I have a ton of recording to do. I have to do a few bumpers for my clients (details next week) and I have to get my podcasts out the door.

So, I plunked down at my computer to start recording. I launched Audacity, hit the record button and nothing.

Nothing, I say.

Nadda.

I fiddled around with the settings, closed down Skype, double checked that the thing was plugged in, rebooted my box and yet Audacity wasn't picking up my voice.

Then I plugged in another microphone and guess what? It worked. Which means my Plantronics headset is toast. Now, I'm scrambling to find the bill and the extended warranty that I bought because I'm sure that it's been almost a year since I bought this thing. And knowing my luck, my extended warranty has already ran out.

If you decide to buy a headset, especially if it's Plantronics, always buy the extended warranty. It'll cost you a few extra bucks, but Plantronics isn't known for its longevity, so it'll save you a ton in the longrun.

Technorati Tags: ,