Thursday, July 13, 2006

Battlestar Galactica Webisodes

Anyone who knows me understands that I'm a bit obsessed with science fiction. For the longest time, no sci fi show could hold a candle to the Star Trek series. My ultimate favourite is The Next Generation, followed by Enterprise (there's something about that Scott Bakula; he can quantum leap me any day). Voyager and Deep Space 9 fall far down on my list, in that order. And I watch The Original Series only when I need a good laugh and a good dose of cheese.

So, imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon Battlestar Galactica (circa 2005) and fell in love. I mean, obsessively in love.

When I discovered that there will be webisodes of Battlestar Galactica that will begin airing on The Sci Fi Channel later this summer, I almost screamed.

And what a terribly good idea. Any TV show that wants to keep their fans engaged and interested during the off season should follow BG's lead. Actually, this is a wonderful idea for anyone who wants to find an inexpensive way to communicate with your target market using the power of video podcasting.

Do you think Fox will use this approach and bring back Arrested Development?

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,