Sunday, August 13, 2006

GoDaddy.com Podcasting Service, Get Regular Hosting Instead

I use GoDaddy.com to host and serve my podcast files. They give alot of space for really cheap and in the the 8-months I've been with them, I've had no downtime.

So, it's no surprise that GoDaddy.com is now offering podcasting service at $5 a month.

What's the benefits of using GoDaddy?

  1. You get statistics
  2. You get an automatic RSS feed
  3. You get a ton of space and bandwidth
  4. You get to create a webpage to publish your podcast


There aren't many drawbacks, save one. Paul Colligan mentions it on his blog. Jon Watson also comments.

More or less, I pay $6.99 per month for a hosting plan that gives me 100 GB of space and 1000 GB of bandwidth. The drawback is that I still have to publish my own blog using blogger or Wordpress and I have to use Feedburner for my feeds.

The GoDaddy.com Quick Podcast plan give you 1 GB of disk space and 100 GB bandwidth for $4.99 per month. The benefit is that this package includes all the tools I need to publish my podcast. The big drawback is for just $2 more a month I get 10x the space and 100x the bandwidth.

My recommendation? Spend the extra couple of bucks on getting more bandwidth.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,