Thursday, August 24, 2006

Podcast to Best Selling Book Ideas

I can write and according to some, I write really well. However, I don't like to write. Unless it's a quick blog post, an article can take me eons to put together. The stars and moon need to be aligned "just so" before I can bang out a few articles.

It's the reason why I love podcasting so much. I just open my recording software and start talking into my mic. Match made in heaven.

And as long as I could remember, I've always wanted to write a book. I've looked at self-publishing, then at finding a literary agent (I'm still looking for one), then self-publishing again. While I haven't made up my mind as to how I'll get this book published, I do know that it's now time for me to start writing my first one.

So, my goal is to use a podcast, transcribe it, then polish up the transcription and turn them into pages of my new best selling book.

Here are some ideas that I have:

  1. Podcasting Analogies - Everytime I talk to my friend Jan Janzen, she always reminds me to stop talking like a geek and instead, explain podcasting using comparisons that people can relate to. I've built up a ton of analogies that I use to explain what podcasting is, so I'd put them all into a book to help those interested in podcasting really understand it in layman's terms.

  2. Transperancy Through Social Media - This one would be geared to senior executives with examples of their peers who are blogging or podcasting.

  3. Corporate Podcasting Case Studies - I think there are now enough corporations podcasting to write a book about it. It would have a global approach and would be a text book for other businesses who want ideas on how to use podcasting as a marketing tool.

  4. Online Stars: The Un-natural Development of Internet-based Celebrities - Something fun in which I profile 20 people who have become stars as a result of podcasting.

So, which one should I work on first?

Update: I thought of another one, however, I'll keep it in my back pocket for now. I think this one will be a winner and I'll let you know about it after I write up the proposal.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,