IBM publishes podcasting guidelines for employees
Although this is old news, I still need to blog about it. IBM has published its employee podcasting guidelines and it's well worth the read.
In summary, the guidelines advise employees to:
- Not communicate confidential IBM information.
- Be mindful of your voice inflection.
- Make sure the audio quality is really good.
- Stay away from evil reporters.
- Make sure you don't claim to be the official voice of IBM.
- Ensure that using a podcast is the best way to communicate with your audience.
Great advice, although it kind of smacks of the "big brother is watching you" stuff. But, overall, if a huge global company such as IBM needs to draft a podcasting guideline for its employees, why isn't your company making use of podcasts as yet?