Limited Edition Podcast to Promote Your Informational Product
I was reading an article in the Toronto Star about an author who's trying to find a new, interesting and unique way to promote his upcoming book. His name is Craig Davidson and his novel The Fighter will be published on September 30th.
Craig understands that advertising in a major newspaper or going on a book tour are just played out. This is what Craig says about advertising:
Adverts in The Globe & Mail - Penguin (his publisher) might as well flush the money down the toilet. People who might be interested in The Fighter are probably not reading The Globe. Or at least, not enough to merit the ad rate. So say I.So, Craig gets it. He knows that he has to do something different to raise awareness about his book.
His publicist suggested a fight in a ring at a said place & time. Of which I said, "That's tacky."
I would suggest to this rookie Canadian novelist to try a podcast instead. Craig will reach more people around the world with a podcast as opposed to a ring fight in one city on one night.
I want to help Craig use a limited edition podcast to promote the upcoming release of his book. If we start now, we can get about 8 episodes out the door.
In fact, I extend this offer to Craig and 2 other people who are going to publish a book or another informational product (ebook, CD, special report, whitepaper, etc).
I'll do the following:
- Help you plan the episodes.
- Host the podcasts.
- Create blogsite that your podcasts will be published on (if you don't already have one).
- Update your blogsite with episode notes.
- Enter your podcast into the 6 podcast directories that really matter.
- Create a podcast cover to entice people to subscribe.
- Advise you on the tools to use to record your podcast.
- Listen to this audio file before contacting me (it'll tell you what podcasting is all about).
- Promote your podcast using other marketing methods.
- Write your own press release.
- Find other blogs or podcasts to connect with about your the release of your product.
- Be open to the suggestions I provide.
Email me - leesa dot barnes at gmail dot com
Technorati Tags: craig davidson, podcasting, book tour,