Thursday, June 15, 2006

Canadian Podcast Listeners Survey, we need you!

If you've been reading my blog for some time, you know how much I love numbers. You also know how I've been bellyaching about people making sweeping generalizations about podcasting based on small sample sizes.

Well, now I understand why. Unless you have a mailing list the size of a small town, it's difficult to get anyone to fill in anything.

A few weeks ago, I announced a survey that my company and another company put together to get a picture on how much Canadians are embracing podcasting. After 6-weeks, we still only have a few hundred responses. We're looking for at least a couple thousand.

So, we've done a number of things to get the responses we're looking for.

  1. We've extended the deadline.
  2. We've offered a prize.
  3. We've bribed asked Canadians in blogosphere to help out. All who do will be mentioned in the acknowledgements of a report that will go out to a few dozen media outlets and marketing execs. So thanks to Kate, Bob & Mark, Jon, The Mose, Sebastien, Master Maq, Podcheck Review, Kim, Alex.
I really, really, really want to prove that word of mouth and blogosphere are all a person needs to get the buzz going. If I have to buy advertising, then I'd feel like I'm cheating in some way.

So, if you haven't filled out the survey, I urge you to do so. Then forward it off to your network of friends, family and colleagues. Click here to access it. And if you have a blog, trackback to this post or blog about the survey.

Technorati Tags: , ,